Title : Chickpea, Olive and Feta Cheese Salad
link : Chickpea, Olive and Feta Cheese Salad
Chickpea, Olive and Feta Cheese Salad
This is a delicious salad that combines all the great flavors of the Mediterranean — Feta cheese and Kalamata olives from Greece, chickpeas from southern Europe, and some homemade harissa hot sauce from North Africa to give it a spicy kick. It's a refreshing and simple dish for the hot summer months when a light meal is called for. Serve it on a bed of salad greens with rice or as part of a picnic with crusty bread.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 8 oz (225 g) Greek sheep milk Feta cheese, cubed
- 4 oz (115 g) Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 8 oz (225 g) cherry or grape tomatoes
- large handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons harissa, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse the chickpeas and soak for 8 hours or overnight in water with a little yogurt whey or lemon juice. Drain and rinse, then transfer to a medium saucepan and cover with several inches of fresh water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover, cooking for 1 1/2 hours or until soft. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- If using cherry tomatoes, halve first and add to the chickpeas, along with the Feta cheese, olives and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, harissa and salt to make the dressing. Pour over the salad and mix gently together. Serve at room temperature or cold.
A simple, zesty and refreshing salad that combines all the great flavors of the Mediterranean — feta cheese and kalamata olives from Greece, chickpeas from southern Europe, and harissa hot sauce from North Africa
Recipe by Lisa Turner
Thus the Article of Chickpea, Olive and Feta Cheese Salad
You are now reading Chickpea, Olive and Feta Cheese Salad article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/06/chickpea-olive-and-feta-cheese-salad.html