Title : FALAFEL - Middle Eastern Recipes You Should Get!
link : FALAFEL - Middle Eastern Recipes You Should Get!
FALAFEL - Middle Eastern Recipes You Should Get!
Who knew falafel was so easy to make at home?
- 1 cup dried chickpeas.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped (about 1 cup).
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley.
- 4 cloves of garlic.
- 4-6 tablespoons flour.Chopped tomato for garnish.
- Diced green bell pepper for garnish.
- Diced onion for garnish.
- Pita bread.
- Soybean or vegetable oil for frying.
- Tahina sauce
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover them by at least 2 inches. Let soak overnight, then drain. Or use canned chickpeas, drained.
- Place the drained, uncooked chickpeas and the onions in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the parsley, cilantro, salt, hot pepper, garlic, and cumin. Process until blended but not pureed.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of the flour, and pulse. You want to add enough bulgur or flour so that the dough forms a small ball and no longer sticks to your hands. Turn into a bowl and refrigerate, covered, for several hours.
- Form the chickpea mixture into balls about the size of walnuts, or use a falafel scoop, available in Middle-Eastern markets.
- Heat 3 inches of oil to 375ºF in a deep pot or wok and fry 1 ball to test. If it falls apart, add a little flour. Then fry about 6 balls at once for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Stuff half a pita with falafel balls, chopped tomatoes, onion, green pepper, and pickled turnips. Drizzle with tahina thinned with water.
For more detail, check this article out :
Thus the Article of FALAFEL - Middle Eastern Recipes You Should Get!
You are now reading FALAFEL - Middle Eastern Recipes You Should Get! article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/04/falafel-middle-eastern-recipes-you.html