Title : Crispy Tiger Prawns
link : Crispy Tiger Prawns
Crispy Tiger Prawns
|Crispy Tiger Prawns|
• 6 Prawnsfrozen black tiger prawns
• 1pinch Salt
• 1tbsp Potato Starch
• ¾ cup Water
• 1 Egg
• 2/3 tbsp Water
• 2 tbsp Cake or All Purpose Flour
• 80g breadcrumbs
• 1 Boiled Egg
• 2 tbsp Onionsminced
• 2 tbsp Parsley Leavesminced
• 1 Pickled Cucumbersmall size
• 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
• 1/6 tsp Salt
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
• 80g Cabbage Leavesshredded
• 2 pieces Parsley Leaves
• 4 Cherry Tomatoes
• 2 Lemon Wedges
- Let's make tartar sauce. Slice the hard-boiled egg crosswise with an egg slicer. Remove and slice it lengthwise across the initial slices. Rotate it by 90 degrees and slice it lengthwise again. Put the finely chopped boiled egg into a bowl.
- Slice the onion, stack the slices on top of each other and mince well. Put the chopped onion in another bowl and rub with a bit of salt. Rinse the onion with cold water and drain with a mesh strainer. Squeeze out the water, put them on a paper towel and remove the excess moisture. Add the onion to the chopped egg.
- Pinch the parsley, chop into fine pieces and add it to the egg. Slice the pickled cucumber, stack them on top of each other and chop into fine pieces. Add it to the egg mixture. Add the mayonnaise and salt to the mixture.
- Cut the lemon in half. Slice the lemon half into wedges. Squeeze the other half and add the lemon juice to the mixture. Mix evenly and the tartar sauce is ready to serve.
- Let's prepare the side vegetables. Use a vegetable slicer and shred the cabbage into ice water. Let it sit in the water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the cabbage shreds with a salad spinner. Serve it on a plate. Garnish with the parsley, small tomamos and lemon wedges. Put the tartar sauce in a small cup and place it on the plate.
- Let's prepare the black tiger prawns. Remove the sharp pointed shell from the tails. Peel the prawns but leave the last sections of the shell above the tails. Pierce the back of the prawns with a bamboo skewer and remove the sand veins.
- Put the prawns in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, potato starch and a little water to it. Gently rub the prawns with the salt and starch. Take the bowl to the sink and rinse them with running water to remove the dirt and fishy smell.
- Place the prawns on a paper towel. Cover with another paper towel and press them to remove the excess moisture.
- Cut the tips off the tails with a kitchen shears and remove the moist inside. Make cuts diagonally along the prawn stomachs. Press the prawns on their back and break the stringy parts. This process will prevent the prawns from curling up when heated. Finally, lightly sprinkle on salt.
- Let's coat the prawns with batter. Crack the egg into a bowl. Add some water and beat the egg thoroughly with a whisk. First, dip the prawns into flour. Lightly coat and dust off the excess flour.
- Second, dip them into the beaten egg.
- Finally, coat the prawns with moist breadcrumbs. If they appear patchy, dip them into the egg again and reapply the breadcrumbs.
- Let's deep-fry the prawns. Drop the breadcrumbs in the heated oil to check the oil temperature is around 175 °C (347 °F). Less than 2cm (0.8") depth of frying oil is good enough for this recipe. Dust off the breadcrumbs from the tails. Hold the prawn tails and gently put them into the oil one by one.
- Let the prawns sit still in the oil for few seconds. Flip them over as the surface gets crispy. When the surface gets golden brown, place them on a paper towel and let them drain out the excess oil.
- Serve the ebi fry on the plate along with the side vegetables and tartar sauce.
- If the soft breadcrumbs are not available, mist dried breadcrumbs with water so that the ebi fry become crispy.
- This tartar sauce uses less amount of mayonnaise. Adding extra mayo or a bit of mustard to the sauce also brings out the flavo
Thus the Article of Crispy Tiger Prawns
You are now reading Crispy Tiger Prawns article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/04/crispy-tiger-prawns.html