Title : Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe
link : Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe
Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe. Enjoy cooking tasty Arabic food and learn how to make Chickpea fritters (falafel).
Chickpeas are the key ingredients in this fantastically savoury fritter recipe - it's a taste of the Mediterranean at home
3 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste, from major supermarkets)
Juice of 1 lemon
200g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
1 level tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves
1 onion, finely diced
Bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
Vegetable oil, for frying
8-12 pitta breads, warmed and split, to serve
For the pickle salad
2 small carrots, grated
1/2 small red cabbage, finely sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 pickled chillies, roughly sliced
3 gherkins, roughly sliced
1. Make the pickle salad. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Make the dressing. Combine the tahini, half the lemon juice and 50ml water in a bowl. Whisk until smooth, adding a dash of water if it’s too thick. Season and set aside.
3. Drain the chickpeas well, then blitz in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add the remaining lemon juice, baking powder, salt, garlic, onion and coriander and blitz again to a pale green purée. Using your hands, shape into 24 small patties.
4. Half-fill a large, deep heavy-based saucepan with vegetable oil. Heat until a bread cube turns golden in 1 minute. Fry the fritters, in batches, for 3 minutes, turning once, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Divide the fritters and salad between the pittas and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Per serving (based on 4): 809kcals, 28.3g fat (3.6 saturated), 29.2g protein, 116.8g carbs, 12.7g sugar, 4.8g salt
Thus the Article of Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe
You are now reading Chickpea fritters (falafel) recipe article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/04/chickpea-fritters-falafel-recipe.html