Title : The Lebanese Plate's 'not just' a beef skewer recipe
link : The Lebanese Plate's 'not just' a beef skewer recipe
The Lebanese Plate's 'not just' a beef skewer recipe
By The Lebanese Plate
Cooking time less than 30 minutes
If you ask me about my favourite type of meat, beef will always be at the top of my list. I love its versatility in cooking methods and the many different cut options.
1kg sirloin or porterhouse steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons sumac
1 teaspoon rock salt
½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 3cm squares
1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut into 3cm squares
1. If using wooden skewers, pre-soak them in cold water for about one hour. This will stop the skewers from burning when in contact with heat.
2. In a mortar and pestle, add whole peppercorns and rock salt. Grind until you have a fine ground. Add cumin and garlic and pound until well combined and garlic resembles a paste. Add olive oil and mix through. Set aside.
3. Thread beef cubes onto skewers, alternating with red and green capsicum. You should be able to fit four cubes of beef and three squares of capsicum onto each skewer.
4. Place beef kebabs on a tray and using a pastry brush, marinade onto all sides of the beef kebab. Cover tray and refrigerate for one hour. If short on time, refrigerating isn't essential.
5. Preheat a barbecue or grill on high until hot. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook the beef kebabs for four minutes on one side. Turn and cook for a further two minutes for medium rare. Leave to rest for six minutes before serving.
6. Serve with your choice of salad and a side of hummus.
Image and recipe courtesy of The Lebanese Plate for Australian Beef.
Thus the Article of The Lebanese Plate's 'not just' a beef skewer recipe
You are now reading The Lebanese Plate's 'not just' a beef skewer recipe article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/03/the-lebanese-plate-just-beef-skewer.html