Title : Lebanese Chicken Shawarma Recipe
link : Lebanese Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Lebanese Chicken Shawarma Recipe
This Lebanese Chicken Shawarma is so wonderful. Not only is it delicious and full of the flavour, but it looks so great too. All of these fantastic middle east spices are dancing in your mouth. You can’t stop at just one wrap, it’s impossible – you need at least two.
Prep Time35 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Passive Time12 hrs
For the marinade:
12 chicken thighs skinned, then boned
5 Garlic cloves grated
1 tsp Tumeric Powder or fresh, grated
1 tsp Ginger powder or grated fresh ginger
8 tbsp Lemon Juice 2 lemons
8 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Nutmeg freshly grated
4 Cloves freshly ground
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black peper
1 tsp Dried thyme
1 tsp Sweet Paprika or cayenne pepper
4 Green cardamom powdered
For the sauce:
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Water
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Mayonnaise
For the salad:
1 lrg Tomato
1 small Cabbage finely grated
2 cups French fries
For the marinade:
1. Cut the chicken thighs into strips then put into a bowl and add all of the marinade ingredients then mix well with a spoon.
2. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight.
To cook it:
1. The next day, in a large heavy non-stick pan on a medium heat, add one large spoonful and toss for 1 min then flatten them down so they cook evenly then cover with a lid.
2. Allowing the chicken to fry covered in its own juice - don't move them or add anything to them. This way they will glaze.
3. Remove from the pan, and set aside and keep warm. Continue to do this with all the marinaded chicken.
4. Once all have been cooked, put on chopping board and slice with a knife.
To assemble the sandwich:
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients then spread one teaspoon over your flat bread. Add slices of tomato and French fries, then scatter cabbage and seasoning. Squeeze over a little lemon. Close the wrap and enjoy while is hot.
2. Or you can cook it like this, when I have lots of people this is how I make it.
3. Either way its just as tasty. I am telling you it is a mouth watering.
This is the best way to cook it to get the same crispness and the stickiness that you would get with traditional street food.
You need to use thighs for this, not breasts as they give you the best flavour.
I have also done this dish using lamb from the spit or rotisserie.
Source: Cook with Sally
Thus the Article of Lebanese Chicken Shawarma Recipe
You are now reading Lebanese Chicken Shawarma Recipe article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/03/lebanese-chicken-shawarma-recipe.html