Title : Is Hummus Healthy?
link : Is Hummus Healthy?
Is Hummus Healthy?Hummus, the simple dip of chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and salt, has America under a spell. The New York Times reported that the hummus industry has grown from just a $5 million dollar business 15 years ago, to one that totaled $530 million at U.S. food retailers in 2012.
If you're not really into hummus, we bet you know someone who is. Your best friend, your mom, your landlord -- they're all eating hummus. The savory dip is just irresistible. And don't worry if you just can't stop dipping pita in hummus -- we've found 10 great reasons why it's completely acceptable to eat hummus every single day of your life.
1. The nutrients in hummus could help you with weight management.
2. Chickpeas can lower cholesterol.
3. Hummus comes in so many awesome flavors.
4. Because Natalie Portman is totally obsessed with hummus.
5. Chickpeas may help reduce your cancer risk.
6. Eating hummus is part of the "Mediterranean diet," which is super good for you.
7. It's a much better spread to use on bread (trust us).
8. It's so easy to make your own.
According to this recipe from Food & Wine, all you need to make your own hummus is a food processor, a can of chickpeas, a garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Then all you have to do is throw all the ingredients in the processor. Voila! Homemade hummus is all yours to gorge on.
9. Because the rest of the world also seems to want to eat more hummus.
10. And, finally, because this humongous plate of hummus was made.
Adopted from The Huffington Post | By Renee Jacques
Save and share Is Hummus Healthy?
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.
Thus the Article of Is Hummus Healthy?
You are now reading Is Hummus Healthy? article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/03/is-hummus-healthy.html