Title : Jareesh Recipe
link : Jareesh Recipe
Jareesh is a traditional dish popular in the Arabian Peninsula. It is made from crushed wheat and cooked with milk. The texture of Jareesh is similar to the texture of oatmeal when cooked with milk.
250g veal chucks with bones, fat trimmed
1 cup cracked wheat (Jareesh wheat
¼ cup Egyptian rice
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
3 pieces of the following whole spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, black pepper)
1 black lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1 onion, cut into wedges
2 cloves of garlic
1 liter boiling water
170g low fat yogurt
½ cup low fat milk
1 tablespoon corn oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black lemon
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons water
1) Wash the veal and put in a pot over low heat then add the whole spices, salt, first amount of onions and garlic. Cover until the meat has released its water and the water has evaporated.
2) Add the boiling water to the meat and cook covered over medium heat for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
3) Wash both of the Jareesh and rice then soak in water until the meat is cooked. Strain the meat and cover for serving time. Keep the stock.
4) Add the stock to the pot with the Jareesh and rice until it boils then lower the heat as much as possible. Place a metal ring under the pot after that and cook covered for about an hour, until the meat is cooked.
5) Mix the yogurt with the milk and add to the Jareesh pot, Stir and cover then cook for at least 15 minutes.
6) In small pan, add the chopped onions with the corn oil and stir until the onions are soft, add the cardamom and the ground black lemon, stirring until the onions turn golden brown in color.
7) Add the water to the onions, boil for a minute then remove from the heat. Pour the Jareesh in a serving dish then place the meat in the middle (bones can be removed from the meat), pour the onion mix on top and serve hot.
Thus the Article of Jareesh Recipe
You are now reading Jareesh Recipe article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/02/jareesh-recipe.html