Title : Fasulia (Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew) Recipe
link : Fasulia (Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew) Recipe
Fasulia (Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew) Recipe
Prep 15 MIN
Total 4 HR 0 MIN
Slow cooked lamb, green beans, and potato, in a savory tomato broth spiked with cumin and allspice.
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons allspice
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 pounds lamb shoulder
42 ounce canned diced tomatoes
4 small golden potatoes
12 ounce green beans
1 large onion sliced
3 cloves garlic
2 cups stock
1 can cannellini beans
1. Cut the lamb into 1 inch pieces, dry, salt, pepper, and very lightly coat with flour. Cook in a pot on very high heat in a small amount of olive oil until browned. do this in 2 batches, making sure to brown everything really nicely. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the onion to the pan, scraping the pan to release any brown bits. If there is any stubborn brown bits that are beginning to burn, splash a little water into the pan and they should come off easily. Cook the onions until they are beginning to brown. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the spices and stir to coat everything.
3. Add the tomatoes and taste, adjusting salt and spices if needed. Return the lamb to the pot and simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Chop the potatoes into big chunks and add to the pot. Add stock if you need more liquid. Simmer 20 minutes.
5. Add the green beans (and again more stock if needed) and simmer 40 minutes or until potatoes and green beans are tender. Add cannellini beans and cook 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
Thus the Article of Fasulia (Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew) Recipe
You are now reading Fasulia (Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew) Recipe article.with link address https://www.maxinerestaurant.com/2018/02/fasulia-middle-eastern-lamb-and-bean.html